- Player has to make a better hand than the dealer without going over 21.
- Player hand is 'BUST' if the total of the hand exceeds 21 and player loses his bet.
- Face cards are worth 10, number cards are worth their value.
- Aces can be worth 11 if the hand value is not 'BUST'.
- Also an Ace can be worth 1 if this makes a better hand
- 'BLACKJACK' is a hand with an Ace and 10 valued card.
- 'PUSH' is a situation when both dealer and player same hand values and the bet is returned to player
- 'INSURANCE' is a side bet option which is available to the player if the first dealer card is an Ace. Player can insure his hand against possible dealer BlackJack and has to pay a half of the original bet. The insurance bet pays 2:1 if the dealer has a blackjack. Available options are to accept or decline insurance.
- To 'HIT' is to draw another card.
- To 'STAND' is to hold a total of the current hand and end a turn.
- 'SPLIT' is an option to split the hand into two separate hands when the first pair of cards in the hand are of the same value. Splitting doubles the bet. If two Aces are split, only one additional card is added for each hand. If player splits two Aces and one hand totals 21, this is not considered BlackJack but 21.
- To 'DOUBLE' is an option to draw only one more card and double your bet.